It’s not about you AND it’s all about you – Zoom Church
The early community of Jesus-followers in Corinth struggled with factionalism – over-identifying with particular leaders. Just as Paul urged his friends to re-center Jesus, we too seek to center our collective call to discern how to walk the Jesus Way together in the particularities of our time and our place. It’s Leadership Discernment season at SMC, and the very good news is this: we are a WE, and together – with our whole and real selves – we’ve got this. Listen in as we sing and pray together, AND get the scoop on which beloved has discerned a YES to serving as our next congregational chair!!
Megan M Ramer
Narrative Lectionary – Year 2
- BibleWorm Podcast, Amy Robertson and Robert Williamson Jr, Episode 039 Acts 18:1-4 and 1 Corinthians 1:10-18 Unity in the Body.
- Pass the Peace in America Sign Language
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish
- Offering: donations to Seattle Mennonite Church
- PHOTO: current incarnation of Spiritual Leadership Team, Nov 2019
Unless otherwise noted, permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- He Came Down – Words and music by John Bell © 1990 Iona Community, GIA Publications, Inc.
- Halle, Halle, Hallelujah – Words and Music: Caribbean folk song, arr. Hal H Hopson, © 1998 Hope Publishing Company
Other materials used as noted:
- Be Our Strength in Times of Trouble – Words and Music Michael Bade, © 2020 Michael Bade. Used with permission of the composer.
- Maybe God is Like That Too, written by Jennifer Grant, illustrated by Benjamin Scipper, © 2017 used with permission from Beaming Books.