Before long there were new babies and the tradition of quiltmaking became real for a new generation. A tradition was started to give a baby quilt to the first-born child of a family worshiping at SMC. Before long the young children were graduating from high school, and we celebrated by giving a tied comforter to high school graduates, and another new tradition began. Along the way there have been quilts for special occasions, fundraising, and quilts donated to Mennonite Central Committee.
Other Regular Events
- January — Just Peace Lecture: We host an annual lecture, featuring speakers who contribute to our formation as a people of Just Peace.
- March — House Fellowship Sunday: One Sunday each year we cancel regular worship and instead gather with neighbors in homes spread across the city.
- June — Pride Parade: We join First United Methodist Church in providing hospitality at the end of the route for those who have marched in the parade.
- August — camping at Camp Casey: We enjoy an informal church camping trip on Whidbey Island.
- October — Mennonite Country Auction (MCA): Mennonites across Washington gather together for a relief sale and auction in Ritzville WA to support the work of Mennonite Central Committee (MCC).