Gathered & Sent – A Communal Sermon
The Holy Spirit comes to a community in the Pentecost story. And so we hear Scriptural reflections from our community. Pastor Megan shares what our Spiritual Leadership Team noticed and wondered about together as we dwelt in this story during Saturday’s meeting (in our morning practice of lectio divina). We are a people who gather around our center, covenanting with one another and our God. We are a people both gathered in and sent out by God’s Spirit. Thanks be to the Holy Spirit of wind and flame! [sermon begins at minute 15:30, covenanting begins at minute 32:05]
Megan M Ramer, with reflections from Spiritual Leadership Team
Day of Pentecost
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish
- Prayers of the People: adapted from “Remake Us into the Church” by Norma Duerksen, found at togetherinworship.net
- Blessing our Offerings: http://seattlemennonite.org/donate
- Call to Worship: Voices Together 869
- Benediction: Voices Together 1067
- Photo: Seattle Mennonite Church says YES to our covenant, Pentecost 2021
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Together – Text and Music: Nathan Grieser ©2014, Text rev. 2018
- Rain Down – Text: Based on Psalm 33. Text and Music © 1991, Jaime Cortez. Published by OCP.
- Come, Holy Spirit, descend – Text and Music: John L. Bell, ©1994, GIA / Iona Community / WGRG
- Holy Spirit, Come with Power – Music: attr. B. F. White, The Sacred Harp, 1844; harm. Joan Fyock Norris, ©1989 Joan Fyock Norris; Text: Anne Neufeld Rupp ©1970