Paul insists to the Galatians that all who follow Jesus are adoptees into the family of God and thus we receive our inheritance…not gold or property but Spiritual riches. As all adoptees know, family is the people who take care of you and who you take care of. Through the Spirit we can focus not on selfish desire but on taking care of each other and building unity.
Narrative Lectionary – Year 3 – Eastertide
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish: https://www.realrentduwamish.org/
- Blessing our Offerings: http://tinyurl.com/SMCoffering
- Praise God (Dedication Anthem), VT 70 – Text: Thomas Ken, 1695; Tune: Lowell Mason, 1830
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Halle, Halle, Hallelujah! – Tune: Arr. by John L. Bell; © 1990, Iona Community, GIA Publications, Inc., agent
- Thuma mina (Send Me, Lord) – Text: Zulu; Tune: South African Traditional; arr. © 1984 Peace of Music Publishing AB
- Renew Your Church – Tune: The Sacred Harp, 1844 Text: Kenneth L. Cober (1902- ), alt.