“The Common” – zoom church
In the drama of Acts, the Holy Spirit is the main character and the plot is The Common. What IS “The Common”? In short, it’s the spectacular joining of God’s people which enables collective boldness, criminal discipleship, and shared life. Pastor Megan reflects on insights gleaned through engagement with Willie James Jennings‘ magnificent commentary on the book of Acts as a “revolution of the intimate” (sermon begins at 22:20).
Megan M Ramer
Narrative Lectionary – summer – Revolutionary Acts
- Willie James Jennings, Commentary on Acts, Westminster John Knox Press (2017).
- Pass the Peace in America Sign Language
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish
- Offering: donations to Seattle Mennonite Church
- PHOTO: by Tirachard Kumtanom from Pexels
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Jesus Christ is Waiting – arrangement and music by John Bell © 1988, Iona Community, GIA Publications, Inc.
- Som’lan dela (We will follow) – Words and Music by Zimbabwean traditional
- Before Me is Peace – Words Navajo traditional, Music by Pax Ressler, used with permission