Stories Embodying Love and Truth in Action
In solidarity with Water Defenders at Line 3 in Minnesota, Christian Peacemaker Teams called on churches across Turtle Island to a Sunday of prayer and action during Eastertide this past spring – to better understand and support Indigenous-led resistance. Our own Weldon Nisly helped put the worship resource together and we were blessed to have him preach for us, weaving together several short stories that amplified the voices and bore witness to the lives of powerful, prophetic women.
Summer-Ordinary Time 2021
“Litany of Love from the Letter of John” adapted from 1 John 3.1, 16-24 by Weldon Nisly
- Worship Resource from Christian Peacemaker Teams: https://cptaction.org/love-truth-action/
- Scripture: Psalm 23, adapted by Murphy Davis, in Surely Goodness and Mercy: A Journey into Illness and Solidarity
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish
- Children’s Time: We Are Water Protectors, written by Carole Lindstrom, illustrated by Michaela Goade
- Call to Action: Stop Line 3 – Sign a petition to President Joe Biden … Video of Winona LaDuke responding to “What is Line 3?” … Read Sarah Augustine’s book “The Land is Not Empty” … Donate to Honor the Earth to support Indigenous-led advocacy, education, and litigation to Stop Line 3
- Blessing our Offerings: http://tinyurl.com/SMCoffering
- Image: from Christian Peacemaker Teams worship resource, 2021
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Summoned by the God Who Made Us – Tune: American traditional; Text: Delores Dufner, OSB © 1993
- Beauty for Brokenness – Tune and Text: Graham Kendrick © 1993 Make Way Music
- Touch the Earth Lightly – Tune: SweeHong Lim © 2005; Text: Shirley Erena Murray © 1992
- For the Healing of the Nations – Tune: Henry T. Smart, 1867; Text: Fred Kaan © 1968 Hope Publishing Co.