Just Enough for Today
We may be able to identify with the widow of Zarephath who, in a time of a devastating, nation-wide crisis feels ready to die. In the midst of this certainty that she will not make it through, God provides a companion and the hope that each day she and her household will have just enough to make it. Perhaps we too can find hope that, though we will never be completely satisfied, when we feel hopeless, alone and desperate God will give us the resources we need to make to the end of each day.
Amy Marie Epp
Narrative Lectionary – Year 3
- Full manuscript of the sermon, “Just Enough for Today“
- I Am One: A Book of Action by Susan Verde, pictures by Peter Reynolds.
- “My shepherd will supply my need” Music: American folk melody, harmonized by J. Harold Moyer, © 1969 Faith and Life Press
- “Just a closer walk with thee” Words and Music: North American traditional.
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- “He came down”, Words and Music: Cameroon traditional. Arr. John Bell © 1990 Iona Community, GIA Publications.
- “Water has held us,” Words: R. Deane Postlewaite. © 1978 Marjeane Postwaite. Music: Gaelic melody, harmonization by Martin Shaw © Oxford University Press.