Heart Treasures & 12-Year-Olds
This sermon is a wondering, a story, a reflection, and – at the last – a blessing. A wondering about the treasures stored in Mary’s heart. A story about an aunt and her nephew ice skating. A reflection about Jesus at 12-years-old, about ALL 12-year-olds, and about belonging. A blessing for each beloved one… those on the way to, presently at, or well on the other side of age 12.
Megan M Ramer
- A Woman’s Lectionary for the Whole Church (Year W): A Multi-Gospel Single-Year Lectionary, Wilda C. Gafney, Church Publishing Incorporated, 2021.
- Sarah Bessey, “A Blessings for your Faults,” https://sarahbessey.substack.com/p/blessing-faults (2021).
- Image: Photo by Emmanuel Olguín on Unsplash
- “On Children” by Sweet Honey in the Rock, text from Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” – https://youtu.be/ti0rzHq_0xU
- “We Are” by Sweet Honey in the Rock – https://youtu.be/hWaw-tQ4W7w
Voices Together 423, God The Sculptor of the Mountains, Music – Henry Purcell, Words – © John Thornburg, 1993 Augsburg Fortress Publishers. Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.