Gatekeepers and the Scramble for Crumbs
Jesus keeps on telling stories about wealth and money. Pastor Amy preaches on the rich man and Lazarus and the way, like the rich man in the parable, we are gatekeepers with wealth and resources. Unlike the rich man, we still have the opportunity to open the gate instead of stepping past those hustling for crumbs.
[Sermon at 29:10]
Narrative Lectionary – Year 3 – Lent
- Land Acknowledgement: Mennonite Worship and Song Committee, 2019, from Voices Together, 878; Real Rent Duwamish: https://www.realrentduwamish.org/
- Blessing our Offerings: https://seattlemennonite.org/donate
- Children’s Time: Tiger Woman by Lawrence Yep. Illustrated by Robert Roth.
- Reparations: The Big Payback, hosted by Erika
- Move in Our Midst – Text: Kenneth I. Morse 1942, 1949; Music: Perry L. Huffaker, 1950, The Brethren Hymnal, 1951
- Somlandela (We Will follow) – Text and Music: Zulu; Zimbabwean traditional
- Photo by Brandy Willetts on Unsplash
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Here in this place – Text and Music: Marty Haugen © 1982 GIA Publications, Inc.
- What a Fellowship / Leaning on the Everlasting Arms – Text: Elisha A. Hoffman, 1887; Music: Anthony J. Showalter, 1887