We gather to celebrate the risen Christ with music, song and story. Children and their families bring their joy and creativity to the Easter story in a mini video-pageant and we conclude our worship with our tradition of belting out the Hallelujah Chorus (well, we hear ourselves singing from a couple years ago – but we belt along at home.) Alleluia! Christ is risen!
Narrative Lectionary – Year 3 – Easter
- Scripture: Luke 24:1-12
- This Joyful Eastertide, VT 352
- When at Creation’s Dawn, VT 121
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish: https://www.realrentduwamish.org/
- Blessing our Offerings: https://seattlemennonite.org/donate
- Call to Worship: Joanna Harader at SpaciousFaith.com
- Prayers of the People: adapted from Ann Siddall in Lent to Easter liturgies: Year C. Posted at Stillpoint Spirituality Centre.
- Learn How to Sign the Word Alleluia
- Easter Pageant: SMC children and their families, including Sarah, West & Aven, Elena & Adele, Daryl, Cedar & Rose, Kyle & Macaulay, Nico & Ethan and Naomi.
- Musical Accompaniment: Joanne Sprunger, Piano; Greg Thiessen, Trumpet
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Lift Your Glad Voices – Text: Henry Ware Jr., 1817; Music: John E. Gould, 1878
- Eternal Light – Text: based on a prayer by Alcuin, 8th c., Christopher Idle, 1977 © 1982; Music: Irene Zacharias Moon © 2019
- Who are These? – Text: based on “Ad coenam Agni”, ca. 5th – 6th c., refrain, Brenda Hostetler Meyer, stanzas © 2019; Music: Jacek Galuszka © 1989