Blessing Our Differences
On the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came to bless and honor difference, by allowing for bridging and understanding amongst differences. As we navigate the many differences in how we communicate, how we gather, and how we worship, especially in this season of transition toward resurrected life together, may we practice curiosity with ourselves and one another. Pastor Megan’s sermon, a continuation of our worship series “Presence in a Time of Transition,” begins at minute 17:05.
Megan M Ramer
Summer-Ordinary Time 2021
- Call to Worship: Howard Vanderwell and Norma de Waal Malefyt, Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
- Spirit of the Living God, Voices Together 740
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish, The Heron’s Nest
- Nadia Bolz-Weber, “How do we catch up with friends when we are still figuring out who we are now? On AA, Lazarus, and Our Emotional Bodyguards,” June 6, 2021.
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Holy Spirit, Come with Power – Tune: attr. B. F. White, The Sacred Harp, 1844; harm. Joan Fyock Norris, © 1989 Joan Fyock Norris; Text: Anne Neufeld Rupp © 1970, Spanish Trans. Barbara Mink © 1988
- We are One in the Spirit – Tune: Text: Peter Scholtes. Text and music © 1966, FEL Publications, assigned to the Lorenz Corporation, Dayton, Ohio
- We Walk by Faith – Tune: Marty Haugen, © 1984, GIA Publications, Inc. Test: Henry Alford, 1844