A Dispute Arose
Acts tells us that as the community of disciples grew in number, “a dispute arose…” Not shocking for any of us who have ever been part of any human community: As numbers grow, disputes are surely to arise! This story of the early Jesus-following community trying to figure out how to organize themselves in the wake of Jesus’ death and resurrection, as their numbers are growing by the day, offers some insight into our own adventures in being community together. May we have ears to hear, and the grace to receive the Holy Spirit’s disruptions of our best laid plans as GIFT!
Megan M Ramer
Narrative Lectionary – Year 3 – Eastertide
- Scripture: Acts 6:1-7:2a, 44- 60
- Land Acknowledgement: Real Rent Duwamish
- Prayers of the People adapted from the Baptist Union of Great Britain
- Blessing our Offerings: https://seattlemennonite.org/donate
- Call to Worship: Voices Together 877
- Photo: Footbridge, Boulder River Wilderness, Megan M Ramer, 2021
Permission to podcast the music in this service obtained from One License with license #A-726929. All rights reserved.
- Come Away from Rush and Hurry Words – ©1999 MennoMedia Inc.
- The Church of Christ Cannot Be Bound Words – ©2005 GIA Publications , Inc.
- Our God in Heaven Words and Music – ©2008 Abingdon Press
- Go Now in Peace, Worship Continues Words – ©2004 Wayne Leupold Editions