Pastor Megan continues our worship adventure with the church at Corinth with a reflection on chapter 12, Paul’s use of the familiar Greco-Roman body metaphor with a significant subversive twist for the church, and his call for the church to not just be LIKE family, but to actually BE family. Listen to hear more about unique manifestations of the Spirit and knife sharpeners.
- Reta Halteman Finger and George D McClain, Creating a Scene in Corinth, “Worshiping with the Corinthians: Supplementary Web Resources,” Herald Press, http://store.mennomedia.org/Creating-a-Scene-in-Corinth-P1502.aspx
- Dan Nighswander, Believers Church Bible Commentary: 1 Corinthians, Herald Press (2017).
- The Corinthian Body, Dale B. Martin, New Haven CT: Yale University Press (1995).
- The First Paul: Reclaiming the Radical Visionary Behind the Church’s Conservative Icon, Marcus J. Borg and John Dominic Crossan, New York NY: HarperCollins Publishers (2009).
- Creating a Scene in Corinth: A Simulation, Reta Halteman Finger and George D. McClain, Harrisonburg VA: Herald Press (2013).
- Paul was not a Christian: The Original Message of a Misunderstood Apostle, Pamela Eisenbaum, New York NY: HarperCollins Publishers (2009).