Job Opening- Recuperative Care Coordinator
Job Title: Faith Community Recuperative Care Coordinator
Pay Rate: $39/hr.
Status: PT (approximately 16 hours/week); one year pilot project contract
Reports to: Recuperative Care Program Manager
The purpose of this position is to coordinate care for the Lake City Recuperative Care Program, a collaborative
effort of Seattle Mennonite Church (SMC) and Seattle University School of Nursing. The Program will provide
care for medically vulnerable people experiencing homelessness, on discharge from hospitals in the area;
participants will temporarily reside in motel rooms rented by the program. Initially this position is part of a pilot
project and employment beyond the first year is not guaranteed.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Triage clients for program eligibility and accept referrals from referring agency (hospital, local primary
care facility, etc.) Ensure medications and home health is arranged by referral agency prior to
completion of enrollment process.
2. Arrange motel room and prepare space, collect supplies and arrange for meals.
3. Admit client to recuperative care including orientation to the motel room, reviewing discharge
information and the completion of the client agreement.
4. Provide at least daily contact with current clients for assessment and care coordination, such as vital
signs, review of medications, treatments, and referral follow-up.
5. Coordinate client’s care with necessary agencies, such as the motel, discharging hospital, home health
agency, and follow-up care with providers.
6. Assure follow-up care appointments are made and transportation is available. Provide accompaniment
7. Link client to additional community resources as appropriate including housing/rehabilitation
8. Complete recuperative care documentation, including discharge summary for referring facility and
9. Coordinate recuperative care volunteers who will provide additional program support, such as
coverage during weekends.
10. Maintain designated data for recuperative care program and participate in providing reports to
advisory board following HIPAA regulations.
11. Provide assessment and referral at God’s Li’l Acre Drop-in Center.
12. Engage in program development activities, such as marketing to referring agencies.
1. Current Washington State RN license in good standing.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
3. Minimum of 2-3 years of public health nursing with case management/mental health components or
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to report, interact effectively
and cooperatively with Recuperative Care Board, the Program Manager and SMC Community Ministry.
5. Capable of working independently in a community setting without on-site supervision; communicatingeffectively with clients and other health and human services staff; developing and maintaining
therapeutic relationship with clients while working with culturally and socioeconomically diverse
6. Ability to perform comprehensive nursing assessments and successfully engage clients in a plan of care.
7. Ability to provide health education, community outreach, and to work with community partners and
8. Sensitivity to marginalized populations and trauma recovery work.
9. Ability to take initiative and follow through with minimal direct supervision.
10. Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks.
11. Commitment to social justice and the mission and values of Seattle Mennonite Church.
12. Ability to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined by State and
13. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter by Feb. 20, 2014 to:
Melanie Neufeld, Program Manager
Seattle Mennonite Church
3120 NE 125th St.
Seattle, WA 98125